After this spacious countryside community just 18 miles north of Cincinnati was “discovered,” Fairfield became a successful blend of industrial and residential development.
Because it offered excellent employment opportunities, newcomers were drawn in numbers. Consequently, in as little as seven years, the population doubled and Fairfield became a thriving city. Development here is so continuous that even older homes have an appearance of newness. Large one and two-story homes are plentiful and multiple dwelling units offer condominium living in a parklike setting. There are also a number of custom designs on lovely landscaped grounds that feature incredible extras. With such a selection of beautiful homes, where plenty of shopping centers, banks, businesses and services are nearby, it’s no wonder Fairfield is called the “city of opportunity.” You can watch a short video on the City Of Fairfield website to learn more.
There are two hospitals, Fort Hamilton-Hughes and Mercy of Fairfield (on Mack Road in Fairfield) in the area. Dental and vision professionals are also within the city. The city is served by the Butler County Health Department. The fire department provides emergency ambulance service and private ambulance service is available. The Children’s Hospital outpatient center in West Chester is withing a 10 minute drive.
A variety of small shops are available as well as the major grocery chain stores for your shopping pleasure. Cincinnati Mills has a wide variety of stores, including Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World and other nationally recognized shops. Tri-County Shopping Center and Northgate Mall are also a short drive away. Several smaller centers – Hick’s Manor, Fair Plaza, Village Green, and Symmes Center are also available for shopping convenience. Jungle Jim’s International Market is a food lover’s paradise with numerous departments featuring food and beverages from all over the world. Nearby Bridgewater Falls, a lifestyle shopping center, offers many specialty shops and restaurants.
Four municipal playgrounds with supervised play are available during the summer months. Little League and Babe Ruth baseball and soccer are sponsored. Rolling Hills Swim and Tennis Club, bowling lanes, golf practice range and a roller skating rink are available. The YMCA provides swimming, baseball and other activities. Harbin and Joyce parks are enjoyed locally by residents, and Hueston Woods State Park is about a 35-minute drive. The proximity to Cincinnati allows the residents to enjoy the many cultural and sporting events available there. Fairfield Community Recreation Center, owned by the city of Fairfield, offers golf, a swimming pool, an aquatic center, tennis and a private banquet room available for rental.
Fairfield is ideally situated for highway transportation with two major highways and I-275 just south of the city limits giving access to major cities north and south on I-71 and I-75.
Fairfield Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Fairfield
- 5315 Charlene Avenue Fairfield, OH 45014
- 2050 Augusta Boulevard, Unit 151 Fairfield, OH 45014
- 10 Providence Drive, Unit 139 Fairfield, OH 45014
- 5668 Lindenwood Lane Fairfield, OH 45014
- 4643 Pleasant Avenue Fairfield, OH 45014
- 4743 Fairfield Avenue Fairfield, OH 45014
- 5214 Crystal Drive Fairfield, OH 45014
Sold Listings in Fairfield
- 1605 Gelhot Drive, Unit 60 Fairfield, OH 45014
- 2099 Harrowgate Hill Lane Fairfield, OH 45014
- 1535 Gelhot Drive, Unit 146 Fairfield, OH 45014
- 4460 Whitmore Lane Fairfield, OH 45014
- 3944 Mack Road, Unit 24 Fairfield, OH 45014
- 4796 McGreevy Drive Fairfield, OH 45014
- 5439 Lakeside Fairfield, OH 45014
Walk Score for Fairfield
Fairfield School Data
- Kindergarten Center Elementary
- K, public
- Fairfield Intermediate Elementary School
- 5-10, public
- Fairfield Central Elementary School
- K-4, public
- Fairfield High School
- 8-12, public
- Fairfield Freshman High School
- 9-11, public
- Fairfield Middle School
- 6-8, public
- Fairfield South Elementary School
- PK-4, public
- Fairfield West Elementary School
- PK-5, public
- Sacred Heart Elementary School
- 1-8, private
- Lavalle School
- PK-1, private
- Fairfield Educational Building
- K, private